I made these tonight and they are so amazing. I put them in a bag and mixed them with salt and a little bit of olive oil and I think it kept them moist and delicious. also, I just used a peeler to get the skin off and I cooked them for 30 minutes rather than 20.
heres the recipe
INGREDIENTS
1 (2 pound) butternut squash, halved and seeded
salt to taste
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Use a sharp knife to carefully cut away the peel from the squash. Cut the squash into sticks like French fries. Arrange squash pieces on a baking sheet and season with salt.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning the fries over halfway through baking. Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and become crispy.
6 comments:
I HAVE to try this! Yummmm!
Oh my, that sounds delicious. I love squash! I will definitely be trying this out.
YUM! can't wait to try it:)
sounds good I'll have to try it!
rec makes something similar, but with yams or russet potatoes and sometimes even carrots, its so yummy. we'll have to try your version. there are actually some russet potato ones in the oven as i type this:)..i love it when you post yummy recipes!
I love squash and I love fries.... I'm sure I will find these amazing..
Post a Comment